Red Island Hospitality Group (RIHG) is a full-service restaurant, catering and special events company. Founded in 2005 with our flagship restaurant, Hunter’s Ale House, RIHG has expanded to include John Brown Richmond Street Grille, The Factory Downtown, and Charlottetown Beer Garden & Seafood Patio. RIHG’s vision is to provide the best in PEI hospitality through exemplary and personalized service to our guests.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences, it’s also about training our team of hospitality professionals as they prepare to become the next industry leaders.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, General Manager, and Director of Operations, the host(ess) ensures that our guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience from the initial impression to the fond farewell. This individual understands above and beyond service and ensures guest satisfaction is the highest priority
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE
- Actively communicate to shift manager/team leader any issues or potential concerns relating to seating, guest experience, or the ability of staff to service the business of their section
- Prepare and share all pre-shift notes, including reservations, birthdays, large groups, etc.
- Relay any necessary information such as allergies and guest requests to management, servers, and kitchen
- Constant communication with servers and management to ensure smooth table turnovers: “out” times updated, appropriate meal wait, resets are timely, etc.
- Ensure all areas of the restaurant under the host(ess)’s purview are well maintained and kept clean at all times, including concierge stands, front entry and windows, floors and mats, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with clear and concise communication
- Proactive in understanding guests’ needs
- Creativity in finding solutions to provide guests with an exceptional experience
- Ability to ease conflict and resolve issues
- Team-oriented with a capability to work in a high stress environment
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier dining establishment
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Mentorship and guidance from top industry professionals on PEI
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company
- Food and beverage discount at all company restaurants
- Competitive compensation and group benefits (full-time staff only)
- Partner discount package, including Rodd Hotels & Resorts, KenMac Energy, Mel’s PetroCan, Naturally Fit Gym, Soft Moc, and more
- Wage: Minimum hourly wage, plus tips