Red Island Hospitality Group (RIHG) is a full-service restaurant, catering and special events company. Founded in 2005 with our flagship restaurant, Hunter’s Ale House, RIHG has expanded to include John Brown Richmond Street Grille, The Factory Downtown, Charlottetown Beer Garden & Seafood Patio, and Phinley’s Restaurant. RIHG’s vision is to provide the best in PEI hospitality through exemplary and personalized service to our guests.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences, it’s also about training our team of hospitality professionals as they prepare to become the next industry leaders.
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, Executive Chef, and Director of Operations, the line cook will be responsible for their station from prepping, cleaning, and cooking food as per recipe standards, while maintaining a sanitary work area. The successful individual is passionate about the culinary industry and creating memorable dishes for our guests.
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE
- Remain professional and poised during peak service and unexpected rushes
- Prepare station for service, noting shortages, and updating order/stock list
- Prepare dishes during service in a high paced and detail orientated kitchen
- Prepare all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner
- Ensure company and industry standards are met at all times
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic “can-do” attitude
- Have extensive knowledge on cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- 1 – 2 years restaurant experience or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Mentorship and guidance from top industry professionals on PEI
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company
- Food and beverage discount at all company restaurants
- Competitive compensation and group benefits (full-time staff only)
- Partner discount package, including Rodd Hotels & Resorts, KenMac Energy, Mel’s PetroCan, Naturally Fit Gym, Soft Moc, and more
- Starting wage: $15 – $20 per hour, depending upon experience