Red Island Hospitality Group (RIHG) is a full-service restaurant, catering and special events company. Founded in 2005 with our flagship restaurant, Hunter’s Ale House, RIHG has expanded to include John Brown Richmond Street Grille, The Factory Downtown, Charlottetown Beer Garden & Seafood Patio, and Hunter’s at the Fox. RIHG’s vision is to provide the best in PEI hospitality through exemplary and personalized service to our guests.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences, it’s also about training our team of hospitality professionals as they prepare to become the next industry leaders.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, General Manager, and Director of Operations, the bartender position is genuinely enthusiastic about the guest’s overall beverage experience, whether it is providing an outstanding classic cocktail, creating an innovative drink, or merely pouring a pint. The bartender takes pride in their spirit, wine, and food knowledge, has a strong eye for detail, and has intuitive communication skills.
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE
- Mix and serve drinks following set company standard recipes
- Oversee the overall cleanliness of the bar, POS, set-up, tear-down, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of the bar, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Uphold knowledge of menu items, beer, wine, liquor, & cider brands
- Provide attentive service while being professional, focused and reliable
- during peak service and unexpected rushes
- Ensure company and industry standards are met at all times
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years bartending experience in a high-volume environment, that includes full-service wood and service bar
- Strong attention to spirit, wine, cider and beer knowledge, with the ability to discuss fluently with guests
- Responsible Beverage Service certificate
- Degree/diploma in Hospitality or equivalent considered an asset
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized
- Commited to health and safety practices in the workplace
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Mentorship and guidance from top industry professionals on PEI
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company
- Food and beverage discount at all company restaurants
- Competitive compensation and group benefits (full-time staff only)
- Partner discount package, including Rodd Hotels & Resorts, KenMac Energy, Mel’s PetroCan, Naturally Fit Gym, Soft Moc, and more
- Wage: Minimum hourly wage, plus tips