Red Island Hospitality Group (RIHG) is a full-service restaurant, catering and special events company. Founded in 2005 with our flagship restaurant, Hunter’s Ale House, RIHG has expanded to include John Brown Richmond Street Grille, The Factory Downtown, Charlottetown Beer Garden & Seafood Patio, and Hunter’s at the Fox. RIHG’s vision is to provide the best in PEI hospitality through exemplary and personalized service to our guests.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences, it’s also about training our team of hospitality professionals as they prepare to become the next industry leaders.
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Director of Operations, the sous chef will be responsible for ensuring kitchen staff maintain their stations, from prepping, cleaning, and cooking food as per recipe standards, as well as maintaining a sanitary work area. The successful individual is passionate about the culinary industry and creating memorable dishes for our guests.
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE
- Communicate with executive chef and other team members to learn of daily menu needs, events, and important shift information.
- Assess stock and production status; determine production needs
- Ensure all stations are appropriately staffed and stocked for the shift; ensure a smooth shift change; phase out extra scheduled staff as volume permits
- Ensure company and industry standards are met at all times
- Teach culinary skills and proper technique, train and supervise team members on all restaurant procedures
- Help achieve profit objectives by measuring and managing food, minimizing waste and labour costs and controllable expenses; understand and achieve financial goals
- Ensure proper rotation and labeling of ingredients and products; ensure all freezer pulls are performed pro-actively.
- Interact with FOH team members by answering questions, solving problems, and handling complaints.
- Protect the integrity of all recipes and procedures
- Uphold the values and principles in our vision, is positive and constant in the development of themselves and those around them.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Have extensive knowledge on cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years experience as a Sous Chef
- 5+ years experience line cooking experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Food Handler Certificate is required
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Mentorship and guidance from top industry professionals on PEI
- Opportunity for growth and development within the company
- Food and beverage discount at all company restaurants
- Competitive compensation and group benefits (full-time staff only)
- Partner discount package, including Rodd Hotels & Resorts, KenMac Energy, Mel’s PetroCan, Naturally Fit Gym, Soft Moc, and more